name of the school
|“Nazarbayev Intellectual School of Physics and Mathematics in Astana”, branch of the Autonomous Educational Organization “Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools”|
|In 2008, on the initiative of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev, a project 20 Intellectual Schools was launched. On January 12, 2009, the first Nazarbayev Intellectual School – Intellectual School of Physics and Mathematics in Astana was opened.|
21 Husein ben Talal st. Astana city,
Phone/Fax: 8 (7172) 55-98-01
– experimental ground
|Educational institution for gifted children according to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On the status of” Nazarbayev University “,” Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools “and “Nazarbayev Fund” is an experimental platform that carries out the development, monitoring, research, analysis, testing, implementation and realization of modern models of educational programs in primary and secondary schools.|
|Admission procedure||Selection competitive in accordance with the Rules for awarding and determining the size of the educational grant of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Orken” for the payment of education of gifted children in the autonomous educational organization “Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools” from March 14, 2009. No. 317.|
• At the Nazarbayev Intellectual School, starting from the 2018-2019 academic year, a mandatory school courses (Second Foreign Language) is being taught, which includes Chinese, German, French, Korean and Japanese.
about the implementation of educational programs
|EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM of AEO “Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools” –
• Approved by the decision of the Board of AEO “Nazarbayev
Intellectual Schools” on August 16, 2017
• In March 2018,
the UK NARIC (National Information Center for the Recognition of Educational Certificates of the UK) announced the recognition of the Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools NIS-Program corresponding to the A-Level General Certificate of Education.
of the educational program
|Certificate of International Accreditation by the Council of International Schools (CIS), dated October 26, 2016. Re-accreditation in 2023.|
presence of a dormitory
|Dormitory for 200 places|
of class sets
number of teaching staff
|277 teaching staff, including 6 international teachers|
|Full day school.
Monday – Friday from 8.00 to 17.00
Classes start at 8.00
16.00-17.00 – individual and group extra classes
Lesson duration – 40 min
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and holidays established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
|Educational resources and technological infrastructure||Teaching rooms – 73
• Extended laboratories classrooms of Chemistry, Physics, Biology – 3
• Staff rooms (including room for individual work and rest of teachers) – 9
• Gyms – 2
• Equipped playground 1,
• Athletic track, sports and gaming complexes.
• Football field with artificial turf, (stadium)
• Gym with fitness facilities – 1
• Dance hall – 1
• Library with electronic subscription and
equipped with computers – 1 • Assembly Hall – 1
• Conference room -1
• Medical offices – 2
• Canteens – 2
• Diners – 2
• Providing access to the building for students with disabilities (ramps) 2
• A local network connecting educational and administrative computers.
• Internet access
|Installed in the school building:
• Access Control System
• fire alarm with sensors in each classroom and corridors
• CCTV Cameras
Every year, the school conducts a set of measures for
the prevention of road accidents and the terrorist threat.
|From 2010 to 2022, 1361 graduates graduated from Intellectual School.
• 440 entered Nazarbayev University
• 448 study on a grant in the leading educational institutions of our country
• 473 receive higher education in foreign universities.
|ANNUAL REPORT||ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-2020|